1. When added to a meal, fat slows gastric emptying and helps to stabilise your blood sugar levels .
2. Like protein, fats keep you feeling full much longer than carbs do.
3. Eating fat also helps you avoid carb cravings (the real contributor to increased body fat levels).
4. Fat helps to turn ON your fat burning hormones. Especially you ladies! Some Fitness gurus recommend as many as 3000 – 5000 mg per day as this will help you burn fat quicker!
5. Fat contributes to healthier skin, hair, and a more youthful appearance.
6. Fat also plays a critical role in your nervous system, giving you energy and keeping you alert. Our brains are made up of fat and water! So kids need this too!
7. Given the same calorie intake, by introducing more fat into your diet you’ll automatically reduce your carb intake. Carbs can be really troublesome when it comes to losing belly fat, which is why we recommend adding this to your program when eating carbs.
8. There are even certain types of fats, like CLA found in grass fed beef and organic dairy products, that have been shown to boost metabolism.
But not ALL fats are good are they?
Avoid margarine (yes even ones marketed as cholesterol reducing) these are synthetic, processed products – hard to digest
vegetable oils – high in omega 6 (a cause of inflammation)
Instead eat small amounts of BUTTER …. yes BUTTER ! Whoopee
Use OLIVE OIL – especially COLD PRESSED
and …… add OMEGA 3 to your diet to redress the balance of healthy fats to bad……we are looking for as close a ratio of 1:1 of omega 3:6 as possible
Omega 3 is anti-inflammatory and so will help to prevent illnesses such as circulatory and heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis and auto immune diseases.
But make sure you get yours from the best source possible, to guarantee it is not contaminated with heavy metals such as mercury. Some omegas are extracted from the liver of seabed scavenger fish… Yuk! The same apples to your fish – get the best quality WILD fish you can.
I get mine online because it has the highest concentrate and cleanest source of fish oils.
Until next time…… Be yourself x
By the way….. SUPER OMEGA 3 contains EFA’s – essential fatty acids
They are called this because they are ESSENTIAL!
If you hate taking big pills HERE is a good source of omegas through a very pleasant tasting drink MYSTIFY part of the daily system from Synergy V3 (you need my access code for 10% off at the checkout 1810778)